- 2 cup Great River Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut butter into mix, or use pastry blender or food processor to blend in butter to the consistency of coarse meal.
- Mix in sugar and currants.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and then add water.
- Add to mix and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Turn onto floured surface, knead a few times and divide dough into two balls.
- Pat each into a circle one inch thick.
- Cut into wedges.
- Arrange pieces on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Copyright Great River Milling