Steel cut oats refers to the process of taking an oat groat (the whole kernel of grain) and running it through a mill that has steel blades which chop the groat into small pieces. The thicker pieces provide a nutty flavor and a thicker texture after cooking. One serving provides about 5g of fiber. It is also good supply of plant based protein and iron.
- Also called “Irish oatmeal” steel cut oats have a nuttier, chewier texture than rolled oats.
- A bit longer cooking time then oat flakes but worth the wait.
- Certified Organic and Kosher approved
- Heart Healthy, Chemical free, Whole Grain Nutrition.
- Certified Organic; Non-GMO Grains
|Serving Size 1/4 cup (40g dry)|
Servings Per Container Varies
*Based on 25lb
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Water – 2 Cups
Oats – 1 Cup
Serving – 4
Bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in oats. When oats start to thicken reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes (till desired consistency). Stirring occasionally.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
Raw flour and/or grain is not ready-to-eat and must be thoroughly cooked before eating to prevent illness.
Keeps best refrigerated or frozen.